Choosing the Community
- We work with communities who have no books or educational materials.
- We work with communities who are learning English as a second language.
- Community leaders interested in working with our organization must submit a written narrative that includes:
- a vision of how the library will impact and improve the quality of education in their community
- a plan for sustaining the library upon completion (operating costs, librarian salary).
- an agreement that the library will be accessible to the entire community
- We work with communities who agree to partner with our organization in providing volunteers from within the community to assist with the labor.
- The community must have land available to build on or an existing structure that can be renovated.