Interested in organizing a book drive for Hand In Hand For Literacy? Just follow these five easy steps:
- Advertise your book drive
- Flyers and misc. marketing materials provided upon request
- Collect the books – please see the Book Donation Guidelines
- Sort the books into the following categories:
- Fiction – Children
- Non Fiction- Children
- Young Adult (Chapter Books)
- Resource/ Educational Materials
- Pack the books in boxes and label the boxes with the appropriate category
- For book drives held within the Twin Cities Metro area, please email email@example.com for book pick up. Book drives held outside the metro area will need to arrange for shipment of the books to our organization.
Ideas for a Successful Book Drive in Your School
- Create colorful posters to display around your school.
- Host a classroom presentation to learn more about Africa and the children you will be helping.
- Create student ambassador teams to talk with other classrooms about your project.
- Make announcements about the book drive over the school’s PA system.
- Create a time line. Clearly advertise the start and finish dates.
- Place large, brightly decorated collection boxes in visible places around your school.
- Become a Hand In Hand Facebook fan. With your permission, we will post information about your book drive.
To sponsor a book drive please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Book Drive Info
Group or organization you are connected with (ie: Girl Scouts, Church group, School)